Inventory > Server
The most import fields in server register is:
|Hostname||Hostname, accept duplicate hostname per team, but the inveotry will warning about this.|
|Ipv4 Private||Ipv4 private, same situation of hostname (accept duplicate but will warning)|
|Ipv4 Public||Ipv4 public, only for external servers.|
|OS||Base is most basic form, like Linux adn Windows, Distro normally use for linux, like ubuntu, centos, and version its a number|
|Environment||Production | Development | Stage|
Setup OS server
You have some tabs,
|Storage||Add your storage information, mount path, size in GB and if is a root device, some cloud maybe bring news informations.|
|Datacenter||Provider, region and zones, if this server still in cloud Environment you can put id in id_instance, will be create a link and Maestro will know if its duplicate when execute a auto discovery servers.|
|Auth||Used to register a methods to authenticate in servers.|
|Service||Register all services its run inside a servers, this information its used to create some links with applications inventory and used in
Assing a dc name, region and zone.
Register, which mode you can to access and authenticate on server.
Services is a very important field in servers, which this information the system will try to find some relation with applications, for example if you register Oracle Database, and create a database and register a relation between this servers, the system will automatically create a service relation.
Related services running.
Can be attached or built-in:
- Attached are network storage or distributed storage service (ex: NFS)
- built-in its hard drive directly on a server (usually premise datacenters).
After created you can describe a mount path, file type, size and virtual volumes configuration (if exist).
Datacenters and servers have some assumption resources, and there are volumes, flavors, images, and networks.
- Volumes: List of volumes (ex: EBS, HardDisk)
- Flavors: Datacenters information, can be public or private.
- Images: Images hosted on datacenter, used for virtualization services.
- Network: depends on providers architecture, for example aws have security groups, acls, vpcs and subnets and etc.